December 05, 2012

Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap

The making of a Christmas tablerunner (and ornament)...
Å lage en juleløper (og juletrepynt)...

Drew a sketch and made one block.
Lagde en skisse og sydde en rute.
Christmas-tablerunner-block1

Liked it, made two more and joined with some white sashing and border.
Likte den, lagde to til og sydde de sammen med hvite border.
Christmas-tablerunner-blanktop

Looked a bit plain (what's a Christmas decoration without red) - added some ric-rac and some appliqued stars.
Syns den manglet litt (hva er en julepynt uten rødt) - tilførte kroklisse og applikerte stjerner.
Christmas-tablerunner-decoratedtop

Decided on the day before the deadline that it needed hand quilting.
Bestemte på dagen før sendefristen at den trengte håndquilting.
Christmas-tablerunner-sneakypeak1

Got a sick baby and missed the deadline. Sorry!
Fikk syk baby og rakk ikke fristen - unnskyld!

Finally finished hand quilting and binding.
Ble endelig ferdig med quilting og lukkekant.
Mod-Xmas-Runner-Sent-2012

Mod-Xmas-Runner-Sent-Details-2012

Made a cute ornament (tutorial found here).
Sydde en søt juletrepynt (tutorial finner du her).
Mod-Xmas-Runner-Ornament2-Sent-2012

Said ornament tried to run away in the snow! But I caugh him and now the package is on its way.
Julepynten prøvde å stikke av i snøen! Men jeg fikk tak i ham og nå er pakken på veg.
Mod-Xmas-Runner-Ornament-Sent-2012

I hope my partner likes her gift!
Håper mottageren liker gaven sin!

14 comments:

  1. Oh Marit! This is fabulous!!! You know we're all going to want a pattern!! I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your partner is going to be over the moon with this! I love it totally, and that final photo is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love the ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I love it - the rickrack is a brilliant addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marit that's absolutely brilliant! My favourite runner ever.

    I hope your poor baby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table runner is just beautiful. I made some of those ornaments a couple of years ago. Aren't they fun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your runner is really beautiful and I love the cute ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darling. What a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table runner... and the ornament is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Pattern please... love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's beautiful. I hope the baby is well soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's too cute about your ornament trying to run away. Your runner is just gorgeous. Well done. I love the hand quilting and your process post here. I am sure your partner loves it and thinks it's worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marit the table runner is gorgeous. I love the design. I hope the baby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Kind words, helpful tips, just a hello or share your thoughts - let me know you've visited!