January 06, 2013

January Goals - Just 3/Lovely Finishes

I might not always be good at getting the things on my lists done, but none the less, I am a list maker and writing down my to-dos and goals helps me stay focused.

I am thinking for my monthly goals I will combine the ideas of A Lovely Year of Finishes (hosted by Melissa ofand Shanna of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts) and Just Three at Tracey Jay Quilts - one main/large project to finish and two medium/small projects for progress/partial finishes.

My goals for January 2013 are as follows:

1) Finish quilt for baby nephew - quilt top is done, so needs to be basted, quilted and bound. Should be do-able.
Quilt-top-for-Henry

2) Finish blocks for California Cherry Blossom quilt - I started this last summer - time to get this done! The quilt only has 9 blocks, but I can't even remember if I've made 4 or 5. I think it's 5...
California-Cherry-Blossom-Block4

3) Get caught up on my Fat Quarter Shop Mystery BOM - I have October, November and December's fabrics all ironed and ready to cut. Maybe I'll get January's block done this month too.
Mystery-BOM-January-WIP


And for extra credit:
4) Assemble California Cherry Blossom quilt top
5) Get started on the Lucky Stars BOM from Don't Call Me Betsy - just need to pick a color scheme

Considering I probably won't get much sewing done until mid-January (have company all week), I think I should be more than happy if I reach my goals this month.

So there - the January goal list is made - time to get started on this year's sewing!


Linking up with:

January's Goal Setting Party for A Lovely Year of Finishes
  My Button

January's Goals link-up for Just Three
traceyjay quilts

6 comments:

  1. You've got a lot on! But once you get on top of the Blocks of the Month it should all be doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great projects! I like the fabrics in your nephew's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all nice projects. Good luck with finishing your nephew's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that quilt and reading about your goals! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck! Such pretty blocks and a cute quilt for the nephew! Thank you for linking up! (and I still have my 2009 and 2010 Mystery BOM's to do!) :-O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects.. One for next Friday then!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Kind words, helpful tips, just a hello or share your thoughts - let me know you've visited!