August 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's been a while since I had a WIP Wednesday post. I guess I have been working on a few quicker projects that never make it to WIP status...

Mostly photos today, so this will be in english only.


FINISHES

An orange orange sewing kit
Orange, applique

A sunny rainy day pouch
Umbrella pouch front

Star on fire Christmas pillow
Star on fire full photo


PROGRESS

Vintage Holiday QAL (hosted by Heidi at Fabric Mutt)

I have my first 4 blocks finished. These were very easy to assemble and turned out quite cute.

Block 1 detail - love those little birdies in a row!
VHQAL Block 1 detail

Block 2 detail - candy cane striped:)
VHQAL Block 2 detail

Block 3 detail - a cute birdie and a squirrel in a tree
VHQAL Block 3 birdie VHQAL Block 3 squirrel

Block 4 detail - ooops, I think I assembled this upside down... See the leaves on the berries (or whatever they are? They are pointing down...)
VHQAL Block 4 detail

And the full shot of the first 4 blocks:
VHQAL Block 1 VHQAL Block 2 VHQAL Block 3 VHQAL Block 4


Cherry Blossom Quilt using California Girl from Moda

I finally got the first block assembled last night. With only 9 blocks for the quilt, this should go fast!

Oh wait, not so fast, because I did this:
Sewing after 10PM...

Shouldn't be sewing after 10 p.m. apparently.

Fixed it this morning and got this - much better:
Cherry Blossom Block 1


Dear Jane - I now have 20 of 169 square blocks completed!
Dear Jane 1-20


Name tag for RATZ (rapid and tiny zakka) swap

Making it up as I go - I know my recipient likes these colors. I think I have a plan for what do with this... The squares are 3/4". I will be cutting it down a bit. On the diagonal, I believe...
RATZ nametag WIP


Well, those are my current WIPs and I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. You should go there and check out what other people are workin on. Or show off your WIPs. If you haven't already, that is...
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Oh, and the guest host this week is the wonderful Cindy of Live a Colorful Life, whose blog you should visit if you haven't before. Just so that is said!

5 comments:

  1. All of your projects are just spectacular! Really love the Star of Fire pillow and Vintage holiday QAL, but who could resist Dear Jane and Cherry Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finishes and works in progress! Love, love, love the star on fire pillow - it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finished project! I was going to sign up to the Vintage Holiday QAL and then went for the Totally Groovy QAL... may be for afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo! I love your vintage blocks! Such nice fabrics and fussy-cuts on the accents. The leaves are upside down? Nobody will ever know. ;D And Get Out Of Here! How awesome is that orange sewing kit????!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marit, I LOVE all your projects. I'll give you my address and you can send me the orange orange sewing kit. Okay, cool....

    Your Star on fire pillow is beautiful!! And I love your vintage holiday ornament blocks. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Kind words, helpful tips, just a hello or share your thoughts - let me know you've visited!