February 15, 2013

Come geese, come spring

Geese coming back from their winter migration is a good sign of spring, but I still haven't seen any. Maybe because they're all flying in circles???
Gjess på vei tilbake fra vinterferie er et godt tegn på vår, men jeg har ikke sett noen ennå. Kanskje fordi de alle flyr i ring???

THE GOOD: A completed double circle of flying geese
Double-CircleOfGeece-Block-Complete

THE BAD: Be careful removing freezer paper - it can fray your edges!
Double-CircleOfGeece-Frayed

THE UGLY: Ooofff - I've got a mess to clean up!
Double-CircleOfGeece-Messy

REWARD: Seams matching up perfectly (sorry to boast!)
Double-CircleOfGeece-Seams


Hope you're all having a great weekend!
Ha en flott helg alle sammen!

12 comments:

  1. These geese are so pretty, you don't need the real ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may boast - it's completely allowed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a work of quilty art for sure... Boast away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your geese are so perfect and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful geese. I'm going to make this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations...those are some amazing matching points!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piecing - those seams are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this block! I have seen the single version but not the double. Where did you get that pattern?

    I wonder if you could stay stitch around the edges before removing the paper to avoid the fraying. I haven't used freezer paper for paper piecing before. That's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're allowed to boast, those are perfectly divine geese, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its Gorgeous Marit!! I love it.
    Those seams are PERFECT! Great Job

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Kind words, helpful tips, just a hello or share your thoughts - let me know you've visited!